Few people like the thought of going through life with missing teeth. Traditional dentures have long been an affordable and viable option, but dental implants have gained steady popularity over the decades. One thing that makes many patients hesitate, however, is the thought of the dental implant cost. A consultation with a prosthodontist like Dr. William Gielincki, Jr. of Jacksonville Center for Prosthodontics & Implant Dentistry can help to answer many of your questions, but you can be armed with more knowledge by understanding a few factors upfront.
There are many different parts that make up the final dental implant cost. In fact, dental implants may not cost exactly the same amount for every patient. Here are a few things to keep in mind:
- Extractions and Preparatory Procedures: Before the implants can be placed, some teeth may need to be extracted. In addition, some patients may require a bone graft to strengthen the bone before the implant procedure. These will add to the final cost.
- Sedation: Sedation is not always included in the initial cost of a surgical procedure such as implant surgery. If your prosthodontist needs to put you under, it could cost extra.
- Materials: The crowns that top the implant posts may be made of different materials, which could come with a different price tag. You might inquire about the materials being used.
- Post-op Care: If an infection develops or additional procedures are needed following your operation, it may add to the cost. You can lower this risk by following Dr. Gielincki’s instructions carefully.
- Professional fees: You might inquire if the cost of the implant procedure includes professional or office fees. Sometimes, these are extra.
Get the Facts Upfront With Us
Our team is happy to help you understand the costs involved with any of your treatment. To get answers to your dental implant questions and more, contact our office today to schedule a consultation.